How can I pursue BFA?
BFA Level I and BFA Level II are exams that can be taken by anyone who wants to excel in Art of Finance. Candidates can study in one of the following options:
- LIVE Classes: Candidates can enrol in LIVE Classes at 8 different cities - Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Chennai, Delhi, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Kolkata & Mumbai
- Internet Mode: Candidates who are unable to attend LIVE Classes can watch the videos in the comfort of their home or office. Such class recorded videos are available for limited period only.
- Self Study: Enrol for the BFA Level I and BFA Level II exam at chosen test centre and study independently
- Brickwork Analyst Program: Brickwork Analyst Program is a full time job as 'Rating Analyst' at Brickwork Ratings, a SEBI registered Credit Rating Agency, has also been accredited by RBI and empanelled by NSIC from Monday to Friday. You can attend LIVE Classes at any one of 8 centres of Brickwork on Saturdays from 9:30am to 5:30pm.
Which are the centres for LIVE Classes?
Classes conducted at one of the centres of Brickwork Ratings are relayed LIVE at other locations every Saturday from 9:30am to 5:30pm. The cities where LIVE classes are conducted are in Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Chennai, Delhi, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Kolkata & Mumbai.
Who is eligible to take the exam?
Graduates in any discipline with a good academic record are eligible to apply for BFA Program. Those who have basic knowledge of financial markets can self-study and pass BFA Level I and BFA Level II. However, graduates in any discipline with a good academic record are likely to be successful. Candidates still pursuing graduation, who wish to add a finance certification to their resume are also eligible to apply. However, such students will not be given BFA certification till they complete their graduation degree.
What is the duration of the Live Classes?
The program will have 240 contact hours during weekends, spread over 9 - months.
What kind of coursework does BFA offer?
Brickwork Finance Academy’s BFA Program is a niche certificate program focused on Investment Management, Credit Management and Risk Management. The courses are offered keeping both Indian and international financial markets.
Thus the course requires you to study both international and Indian text books. Both Harvard business school and Indian case studies are prescribed.
Is this program available in the distance mode?
If you are not able to attend the LIVE classes held at Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Chennai, Delhi, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Kolkata & Mumbai, you can choose Internet Mode. You can watch the videos in the comfort of your home or office.
How does one apply for the program?
Free Application forms are available at www.bfa-india.org/
How many modules does the program have?
The program has 4 modules with 4-5 courses in each. In addition, students may be assigned an industry related project.
I need to make some changes to my application. How do I do this?
Please send us an email stating your full name and the changes required.
Once I start filling up the application form, can I pause mid-way and continue at a later point in time?
Yes. The data in the application form will be saved when you click on ‘Next’ button for each step. All the information including the step where you hit the ‘Next’ button will be saved. You can always begin from where you stopped in the last log in.
Where will the interviews be held?
Interviews will be held in Bengaluru. Telephonic interviews are conducted for those, who are unable attend interview in person at Bengaluru campus.
What kind of facilities does BFA provide?
- An integrated Wi-Fi enabled campus
- State-of-the art classrooms
- Centralized air-conditioning
- Ample space for parking
- Real world discussion with Brickwork analysts
Will all the courses mentioned in the curriculum be offered?
- The curriculum listed is indicative
- The students are expected to study all the topics listed
- The course work may be limited due to time constraints and interests of particular faculty
- Each faculty may cover few areas in more detail
- The faculty inputs are merely indicative and do not bind the Brickwork Finance Academy to set questions from uncovered portions.
What are the documents to be submitted at the time of interview?
Photocopies of relevant documents pertaining to the information entered in the application form are required. Brickwork does third party verification of documents and originals need to be produced at admission.
Is there any application fee?
The application is available free-of-cost.
Is there a concession in the fee if more than one applicant is sponsored by the same organization?
Fee structure for sponsored participants is different from the regular candidates. In the past, firms like Fidelity and some well-known banks have sponsored their employees.
Raghavendra : +91 97434 37999 / 888
How are the examinations conducted?
- BFA Level I and BFA Level II examinations are a comprehensive six hour examination and cover all aspects of finance. Generally BFA Level I is multiple choice type and BFA level II is an essay type exam
- Both exams are offered at the following centres usually – Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Chennai, Delhi, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Kolkata & Mumbai.
- Students are expected to study all aspects of finance listed in the course curriculum
After the completion of the course, what are the employment avenues available?
- Candidates, who clear BFA Level I and Level II, become more employable in both domestic and international BFSI sector
- BFA Program completed candidates can get into the Indian Commercial and Investment Banks, Mutual Funds, Insurance Companies, NBFCs, BFSI wings of IT firms, KPOs etc
- The international mutual funds, insurance firms, research and information houses, hedge funds, firms, KPO hire BFA students as research analysts, equity research analysts, fixed income analysts, business analysts, credit analysts, rating analysts etc. Many of these firms designate such analysts as Vice Presidents
- Those in the IT companies can get promotions, client facing positions and opportunities in BFSI consulting
- The candidates are also considered by Brickwork Ratings and Brickwork India.
Is BFA Program approved or recognized by any University?
No. This is meant to be a knowledge enhancing course. Brickwork offers certification for a graduate. The BFA is neither AICTE (All India Council for Technical Education) nor University approved. A SEBI registered Credit Rating Agency, has also been accredited by RBI and empanelled by NSIC, Brickwork Ratings has recognised the program. The certificate is backed by the strong reputation Brickwork holds in the financial environment in India
How is the Fee structure?
|LIVE Classes||Rs. 75,000/-|
|Brickwork Analyst Program||Rs. 1,50,000/-|
|Internet Mode ||Rs. 50,000/-|
BFA Level I
BFA Level II
Both (Level I & II)
Fees once paid in full or partial are non-refundable
Exams will not be rescheduled under any circumstances